From 10th October 2011, Canvey Island Town Council employed its first Community Warden to assist with the service provided to residents.
The warden will be patrolling Canvey Island and can be contacted via the Town Council office.
You will be able to speak to your Community Warden when you see them on patrol or you can telephone us on 01268 683965.
Our warden is easily recognisable wearing yellow hi vis vests or jackets and navy blue shirt/fleece with black trousers. Identification will be carried at all times.
The warden will work Monday to Friday between 9.00am to 2.30pm. Hours may vary depending on demand and some weekend patrols may take place.
Wardens will work with the community to help make your area of residence a more pleasant place to live. They aim to:
- Reduce and prevent crime and antisocial behaviour
- Improve the quality of your environment
- Increase public confidence
Community Wardens will do this by:
- Providing regular and targeted patrolling service on foot or by other means as directed.
- Acting as the ‘eyes and ears’ for the Town Council and other agencies and reporting findings.
- Helping to improve the local environment by reporting litter, fly-tipping, graffiti, dog fouling, abandoned vehicles, uncollected or dumped rubbish and faulty street lighting.
- Working with local community groups and schools to help promote a community spirit and implement local activities aimed at reducing incidents of anti social behavior.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with local policing teams, external and internal agencies and residents.
To find out more about the Community Warden in Canvey Island we have answered your Frequently Asked Questions
Community Warden - How to get in touch
You can speak to our Warden when they are out on patrol. You can also contact them in any of the following ways.
Phone: 01268 683965
Fax: 01268 681328
By writing to: Community Warden, Canvey Island Town Council, 11 High Street, Canvey Island, Essex, SS8 7RB